Saturday, November 10, 2007

Old School Technology

Look at this watch. It cracks me up - it's so old and clunky. It's Loren's heart rate monitor - he loaned it to me. It works pretty good, but is a little tempermental. It's got a strap that you wear on your chest.


I also have this other HRM watch I got from Big5 (my favorite store) for only $10 and you put your finger on it, but you can't get a reading while you're moving, so that's kinda the down side of it.



Anyways, I'm going to start keeping track of my heart rate to train for the Vancouver Marathon. It's interesting stuff, you see, you are supposed to train at 70-85% of your max heart rate for atleast 20 min to get the optimal cardio benefits from your workout. I think I have been over training, up around 170 bpm, so I'm going to slow down a little and shoot for 140 - 150 and see how that goes.

1 comment:

SandraSSC said...

Watch what you call old and clunky. Some day that antique will be worth a lot of money.