Monday, July 23, 2007

First Triathlon

Adam and I competed in the Seafair Triathlon last weekend. It was a sprint, so 1/2 mi swim, 12 mi bike and 3 mi run. I was waiting to get the pix from the event photographers to make this post, so FINALLY they have come in and there were a couple good ones.

I'm not sure if it was nerves or the exursion or just eating too much the evening prior or morning of, but I felt like I was gonna hurl about 25% of the race. But I did not hurl... and the race went really well - I had fun and went pretty fast. It was really cool, too, to have Kathleen, Mom and Loren, and Janae and Jeana down there. Afterwards we went out for a nice big breakfast... and I followed that up later with a bacon cheeseburger, milkshake, and then some beer.

Adam and I have are now signed up for another triathlon on August 25th. My buddy Ben has threatened to sign up, too.

Here's my race results:
411 out of 1,288
Total time = 1:24:53
53 out of 106 - for my age group (30-34)
Swim time = 18:12 / swim place = 673
Bike transition time 3:21
Bike time = 38:12 (18.8 mph) , bike place = 437
Run transition time 1:45, place after bike = 538
Run time = 23:23 (7.32 mpm), run place = 289





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What good pix you got. You really need to frame them and put them on your wall, for all the world to see.

I'm REALLY impressed with how well you did, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

windowsofthesquare said...

Hey Matt,
congrats on such an empowering accomplishment, you must feel great.