Monday, November 5, 2007

Critical Mass?


It's interesting how after I decided to do my first triathlon earlier this year, I kept meeting people who were also going to do their first triathlon, or people I already knew (friends and family / Ben and Adam) started signing up. Now, I'm planning on running my first marathon and am surrounded by people who either also want to run their first marathon, or have just done their first.

And whether or not you're interested in running, you should check out this PBS special about a group of average sedintary people who signed up for the Boston marathon. They took these people from couch to marathon (26 miles) in just 9 months. Very interesting from a scientific perspective and inspirational from a human perspective. You can watch it online from their site.

I think the Vancouver marathon is looking like a good option. Who's in?

No comments: