Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TRON

We watched TRON last night. Wow.

I cannot believe how cool that movie is. And to think that it was made in 1981. It was so ahead of it's time. Watching it, we realized how much cultural influence that movie has had. There were some Matrix undertones followed by some Taiwanese credits at the end that looked like Matrix code. And there was a line about the "way back machine", which is now the name of the feature at www.archive.org. I'm sure there are many more examples, but that's not the point of this post. The point is, if you haven't seen that move, you should. And if it's been a while, maybe you should watch it again.

End of line.

3 comments:

The Doctor said...

I totally agree. Love the vector-style animation, all hand drawn. Cool music, too.

Dr B said...

I really liked the arcade game. I also like the fact that they are wearing hockey helmets.

Dr. Mom said...

Very cool looking. Very fun. I'm pulling it out of my semi-private collection (aka the King County Public Library system) so I can watch it.

Looks like only doctors are commenting on this post, so I'll sign in accordingly. (I have a JD, so I qualify... but I'll sign out with love, which sets me apart nicely, don't cha think?)

Love, Mom

(I figure the signing with love part sets me apart nicely