Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Gorge Cabin

Once every couple years, I try to go do something fun to bond w/ my nephew Andrew. This time we went to the cabin w/ my buddy Jason, his girlfriend Misty, and their gang of 3 kids + a dog. Btw, I've know Jason since 4th grade. Due to a pass closure and some other road closures, a 2.5 hr drive took 7.5 hrs! But once we got there, we had a good time. Andrew immediately hit it off w/ Julian, who is the same age.

The kids had the loft to themselves.

Sunrise on the Gorge w/ JLuc and Tristan.


Catching air off the swing.

Whipping up some yakisoba action.



We hiked a pretty good rock face.

Throwing rocks on the houses below.

Playing catch (or "drop" as the case may be).

This was awesome fun!

Leah is a total sweetheart.

Andrew slept pretty much the whole way home.


I think we bonded a little more. I can't really think of anything that I taught him, tho. I feel like I need to impart some wisdom of some kind, I guess. Maybe I'll just teach him "please" and "thank you"... Adam (his other Uncle) can take it from there.

No comments: