Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Virtual Workspace



Making a funny video is hard.

This is the lesson I learned (again) last month. We had a client that wanted us to make a YouTube video that would highlight all the key points of their software, but be funny enough to be viral. Oh, and they barely had any budget.

So I ended up basically writing the entire script, doing the shooting, editing, some directing, and even some acting. People - I AM NOT A COMEDY WRITER! This stuff is fun, but difficult. And a big challenge is that comedy can be so subjective. I mean, think about how many sitcoms there are on TV, and how many of them do you actually think are funny? And those shows have huge budgets, with teams of professional writers, actors, directors, etc...

All that being said, it was still a fun project and it was refreshing to get away from my desk and strut down the halls at work wearing my new wig!


No comments: