Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hey Six Eyes

I've been riding my bike so far with just my regular glasses on, but have recently realized how much unnecessary nose blowing I've been doing on my rides. It's like every 5 minutes, I have to do the old "polish salute" out each side, and I realized it's from the wind making my eyes water. The store-bought perscription goggles and sport glasses are too rich for my blood, so I decided to make my own last night.
So I bought a pair of $20 wrap arounds from REI and grabbed my old ic! berlin glasses that I don't wear any more and proceeded to deconstruct my old specs. This was the point of no return... cutting off the nose peices. You see, the ic! berlin's are a uni-body steel frame.

After the were cut off and smoothed down, I secured the ends and proceeded to just hot glue them right on to the goggles.
They seem pretty sturdy so far and I mounted them up high cuz I'm usually head down and looking up.
I took 'em for a quick ride and they seemed to work well. I think they look cool, too. Kinda Mad Max futuristic... Why didn't I just buy some contacts? That would be too easy.

2 comments:

Six said...

Totally pro!

Anonymous said...

These are too cool, Matt. I love them!