Saturday, September 8, 2007

Aero Bars

You know how there are some things kick ass? and then there are some things that totally kick ass? Well these new aero bars totally kick ass. They get you low and aerodynamic and they're really comfortable, too. I rode 24 miles the other day and averaged 20.2 mph, which is pretty good for me. The funny thing that I noticed, too, was that now I'm in the unofficial aero bar club. Other guys going by w/ bars would nod or give the little hand raise, silently saying "cool dude, you're one of us now..."



And what bumped these bars into the totally kick ass catagory is that they were amazingly cheap. Ben turned me onto the deal (as he bought the same bars) at Performance Cycle. There was a 15% store wide sale and I think they were mis-marked on top of that, so we ended up getting them for around $25. That's easily 50 to 75% cheaper than any other bars out there.

No comments: