Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Summer is Over

The leaves are changing color and falling from trees. It's colder out there, too. And Ben is leaving town this morning for Arizona for 2 years to work on an Indian reservation. The last triathlon of the year was on Sunday (the Black Diamond Olympic Tri). It's time to start looking for a job, I guess...


I was not able to compete in the tri due to a bad cold, but I did go down and hang out w/ Ben while he raced and my mom came down too, to keep me company - she's so great. Ben and I have been training together all summer, so I was really bummed to not be able to race together. We even had consecutive numbers.





Ben did awesome tho. His overall ranking was 84/271 for a total time of 2:43:16. He also survived an assault by redneck hillbillies in a pickup truck and running an extra mile due to misinformed race staff! Strong work, Guiney!

No comments: