Thursday, June 26, 2008

Calling All Chewy Impersonators

Actually, they're calling me. Over the past 2 days, I've received 12 voice mail messages on my cell phone from people saying how they would really like to have my Star Wars collection and how they are ready to do their Chewbacca impression for me. Two of these calls came at 5:00 and 5:20 am this morning. The problem is, however, that I don't have any Star Wars stuff. Obviously they are responding to an ad that listed the wrong phone number.

I noticed that some of the callers had thick New York accents, like Broklyn or something, but they all had different area codes. I looked up a couple of the area codes and saw that it was, in fact, NY, so I looked around on Craigslist in NY and sure enough found this ad:




new york craigslist > queens > free stuff

Free Star Wars collection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-732682003@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-06-25, 7:21PM EDT

My wife says I need to grow up and get rid of my collection. I don’t have the heart to sell it so I’d rather give it away. I want my collection to go to real fans!!!!!!

All original figures in the original boxes.

The focus of my collection has always been Chewbacca. I’d like these items to stay together as a set. Best Chewbacca impression (I’m serious) gets the figures and the costume (with crossbow)

May the force be with you,

Please call as I don’t have access to personal email at work.
#(my phone number)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 732682003


So I emailed they guy and hopefully he'll fix this oversight. In the mean time, I'll try to stay amused at people's sob stories about how "someone's in the hospital and it would really mean a lot" (seriously, i've had 2 of those already) but I have yet to hear any good Chewy impersonations...

1 comment:

Dr B said...

Brilliant! Post the messages! B.