Sunday, July 20, 2008

Seafair Tri II

I got an email from my mom Friday morning asking me if I was going to do the Seafair triathlon on Sunday (2 days away). I had been so preoccupied w/ work and STP training I had completely overlooked the date for this event. Plus, I had not been running since the marathon due to knee pain. So I went for a 30 minute "test run" and much to my relief... no knee pain. Well, not enough to stop me from a sprint tri.



I ended up beating my time from last year by 4 minutes, so I'm happy about that.

I don't think I would have done the tri on such short notice, but I had alluded to my cousin Michael that I was going to do it, so he had signed up and it was his first time (as an adult). He did really well for his first, beating me by 30 seconds! He's already signed up for the Black Diamond Half Ironman, so I guess I'll have to do that one too. It's on Michael. It. Is. On.

After all the competitors cleared the course, the kid's triathlon started. My nephew, Andrew, participated in that with his shiny new bike and had a good time. It was a short race (about 20 minutes) which I think both kids and their parents were happy for.



No comments: