Friday, January 2, 2009

Mixed Martial Arts

I was watching some MMA bouts the other night and was thrilled to find out that one of my favorite competitors of all time was on the card - Yves Edwards. This guy has such a beautiful style, I just love watching him. He's always so calm and collected, strategic and methodical, creative on his feet and on the ground.

He used to be a really well-known lightweight in the UFC, but they didn't used to have a lightweight title belt, so he was never official crowned as the champ. Then when the UFC finally got their act together and started offering a lightweight belt, Yves lost like 3 in a row. I had been wondering lately what happened to him, then POW - there he was on my DVD!

Here is a little highlight reel I put together for you from the fight. Wait for the end!! Yves is the bald one btw.



1 comment:

Dr B said...

Too violent for my tastes...I'll stick with Hockey. B.