Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's my Bed in Box


Kath and I bought a new bed last week (memory foam) and it showed up at the house today. It was the strangest thing... I saw the UPS guy pull up, so I opened the garage and ran around the house to help him with the mattress, but when I got out front he was holding a box instead of a mattress. I thought maybe Kathleen ordered something else, or maybe the mattress came with this box of accesories or something, but no. Our mattress was in a box.

So I brought it inside and opened it and it was all wrapped up in a nylon sack, like a big bag of rice. As I started to cut the sack open I was a little nervous that this thing was going to auto-inflate and knock me on my ass or something. I didn't know what to expect cuz there were no directions. So anyways, I opened it up, unfolded it and layed it out on the ground and it slowly started to decompress and morph into the shape of a regular mattress. Then I stood it up on it's side and slid it into the bedroom and onto the bed. It's still a little lumpy and smells like rubber, but I guess that's normal for the first couple of days. I'll report back with a bed update in a couple days...




Wow - it looks like a real bed!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

hey, what's going on? seems too long since you posted last. you didn't get a job did you???