Friday, October 12, 2007

The Tower of Power


I am pretty excited about this new computer I just bought. The last time I bought a computer was in 2003 and it was great back then, but doesn't even meet the minimum system requirements for half the video and motion graphics software that I use now. So anyways, I got the parts a couple days ago and spent yesterday building and loading the O/S and software and, man, this thing is bitchin. I actually benchmarked the two systems and the new one is 4.58 times faster - that's before overclocking.

And almost as important as the speed is the sound. I specifically picked parts that were quiter and a case that is engineered to be silent - and it is. I think Kathleen's laptop is louder that this case. They really didn't miss a trick on this thing. It has hd cages on rails and silcone spacers to mound the drives (of which it will hold 6) and triple layer panels with brushed steel on the outside and adjustable speed fans. I could go on, but will spare you the details. But really, you should look at this animated tour of this case's features.


Not pictured are the 2 DVD drives...

3 comments:

Dr B said...

It ain't no mac bitch.

MattWilsonMD said...

No it's not - that's what is so cool about it! Faster and cheaper!

TchmilFan said...

Certainly cheaper than the 8000 UKP for the (almost) fully loaded MacPro I was looking at for doing basic HD video editing for someone here at work.
Nice case. Hope you remembered the thermal paste.

You haven't crippled it with Vista, have you?