Monday, October 1, 2007

Riding Goggles v2.0 & v3.0

The riding goggles that I made earlier in the summer broke due to an over-zealous waitress, so I took the lenses and put them on a $5 pair of yellow safety glasses from the hardware store. They are great for grey days and night riding. Then I ordered some new perscription glasses off the web for only $8 ($12 w/ shipping) and took my broken sunglasses back to REI. They exchanged them no questions asked! That is why REI kicks ass (Return Everything Inc). So I popped the lenses out of the new RX frames, hot glued them onto the sunglasses... and I'm set for all season riding.


2 comments:

Lydia said...

hehe... yeah, i'd say it's time to get a job....haha

Anonymous said...

where did you get the $8 glasses off the internet? I need some cheap new glasses and can't beat $12.
Send me the reply to:
schilling.stephen@aaa-calif.com
Thanks!
Stephen